Monday, December 18, 2006

jerusalem .. judea .. samaria .. the ends of the earth

Acts 1:8 you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth
Part of God's ongoing conversation with me last year involved some helpful definition of this verse for my particular circumstance. I recognise that the Westside of Vancouver corresponds to my Jerusalem, the city and surrounds of Vancouver could be seen as Judea, Samaria the province of British Columbia, and the ends of the earth .. well that speaks for itself really. The school year of 2005/6 was a time to focus on the "Jerusalem" mission: what are we doing in this region of the city to see the Kingdom of God advanced?

We rapidly approach Christmas and this is often an excellent opportunity to take stock, consider vision and philosophy of ministry, make adjustments, dwell in God's presence to hear His voice for the coming season.
As I do this (please Oliver let me do this as I type and STOP whinging NOW .. grrrr), I'm really quite excited to realise that I am an active part of leadership teams in all the defined spheres of my personal version of Acts 1. The church (pgcc/utown), the Westside (amplify), Vancouver (onelife), BC (historymaker) and the nation of Canada (canadian youth workers conference). God's totally up to something, and I'm rather excited to see what He is doing, and what He's letting me be a part of. WOW

No comments: