Saturday, January 13, 2007

OneLife : 1400 Jesus followers : a great next step

There was nowhere else on earth I would rather have been last night, than in my home town, surrounded by worshipping teenagers who continue to commit their lives to all that God has for them. It was chaotic, bursting at the seams, passionate. Multi-region, multi-school, multi-church, multi-denominational, multi-generational, multi everything .. unity in diversity. The one thing that will never be "multi" amongst us is our ONE unifying, incredible, dangerous faith in Jesus Christ our Lord.

There was this moment as I sat and listened to 4 high school students share a bit of their stories about the prayer groups they are leading in their schools .. I shared the moment with the room, it hit me like a stone. There's this little section of a MySpace profile for you to enter your "heroes". I have been thinking about this for a few months. How do you single out the influencers from the whole of history to enter in that bizarre box? How do I sum up in a readable paragraph the incredible people who I respect and admire and that make me who I am in "my space"?

Well, I can't.

So it hit me as these 4 seventeen year olds spoke. Right here, right now, these 4 are my heroes. They are taking part in the story of God in Vancouver, they are choosing to do what they have been called to do, they are living an amazing life for Jesus. So to honour them .. you can see their names here http://myspace.com/tomsopwith

Keep dreaming heroes, I'm on your team.

No comments: