Monday, March 13, 2006

Tom is (pt2) .. a family man

Son of Robert and Elizabeth, brother of Will and Anna, husband of Liz and father of Joel. 13 first cousins, 4 uncles, 5 aunts and no grandparents. Are we related to the Sopwith Camel? Absolutely. Thomas Octave Murdoch Sopwith was my Great Grandfather’s cousin, and definitely my hero.

While continuing on this 6-part self-portrayal, I can’t help reflecting on who I’d be if I wasn’t a husband and father. I have been best friends with Liz for 20 years, and married to her for more than a third of my life. I can safely say that without her, half of me wouldn’t exist, and I’m totally chuffed we got together. Joel hasn’t been around so long, but one thing EVERYONE said before he was born is “your life will never be the same again”. They were so right. Both Liz and Joel sleep right now – Monday lunchtime! I am enjoying the solitude for a few minutes, but cannot authentically imagine life without them. We tried being apart last October for 3 weeks as they visited England without me – it was horrible, and I do not intend for a repeat.
Tom is (pt3) .. a youth pastor

No comments: